TATA AIG Auto Secure-Private Car Package Policy
Tata AIG General Insurance Company is a joint venture between the Tata Group and American International Group (AIG). The company offers a wide range of general insurance covers for businesses and individuals and has a comprehensive range of general insurance products for Liability, Marine Cargo, Personal Accident, Travel, Rural-Agriculture Insurance, Extended Warranty etc.
Toll Free Number- 1800-266-7780
Website - www.tataaiginsurance.in
E-Mail - firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a comprehensive package policy which covers the damage to the vehicle and any third party coverages like bodily injury/death & property damage.
Unique Features of TATA AIG Auto Secure-Private Car Package Policy
Product Benefits for TATA AIG Auto Secure-Private Car Package Policy
- This policy covers against any loss or damage caused to the vehicle or its accessories due to insured perils under the policy schedule.
- Claim is payable when there is visible external damage due to the following causes
|Manmade Causes||Natural Causes|
|Accident by external means||Flood||Rockslide|
|Riot/ Terrorist Activity||Cyclone||Hurricane|
|damage in transit||Storm||Hailstorm|
- This policy covers any third party liability including property damage.
- This policy covers Personal Accident for the Owner/ Driver.
- On payment of extra premium, the policy also covers Personal Accident Benefit for the passengers and legal liability of the paid driver.
Add-ons for TATA AIG Auto Secure-Private Car Package Policy
• Pearl Plus
• NCB Protection
Key Info - These features are applicable only when the repair is carried out in TATA AIG General Insurance network garages.
|Repair of Glass, fiber, Plastic & Rubber Parts|
|No Claim Bonus Protection|
|Loss of Personal belonging|
|Road Side Assistance|
|Emergency transport and Hotel Expenses|
|Return to Invoice|
Add-On Details for TATA AIG Auto Secure-Private Car Package Policy
Common Conditions –1) The benefits under this add on would be available only if the Insured Vehicle is repaired at authorized workshops/authorized garage/authorized service stations.
2) The cover is available for vehicles up to 5 years old.
3) The benefits under this add-on can be utilized for a maximum of two times during the Policy Period.
4) Excess compulsory deductible will be applicable. It means that the insured has to pay a fixed extra amount over and -above the already agreed extra payment as per the base policy.
5) A claim where replacement of any part is not involved and no depreciation is deducted under own damage claim, will not be considered as a claim under this cover.
1. Internal parts of the engine
2. Gear Box, Transmission or Differential Assembly
Provided loss or damage is due to ingress of water in the engine or leakage of lubricating oil from engine/respective assembly.
The company will also pay for the lubricating oils/consumables used in the respective assembly i.e. material, which is used up and needs continuous replenishment such as engine oil, gear box oil etc. but excluding fuel.
Common Conditions –1. The claim is not payable under this add-on if loss or damage is covered under manufacturer warranty, recall campaign or forming a part of maintenance/preventive maintenance.
2. Any aggravation of loss/damage including corrosion due to delay in intimating the company and/or retrieving the insured vehicle from the water logged area.
3. Ageing, depreciation, wear and tear is not covered.
4. Claim in case of water damage is payable only if there should be clear evidence of the insured vehicle being submerged or stopped in a water logged area.
5. Claim in case of leakage of lubricating oil, there should be visible evidence of an accidental damage to the engine or respective assembly.
6. In case of water damage, the insured vehicle should get transported/towed to garage within 2 days of water receding from the water logged area.
7. The claim under this add-on is payable only if insured have taken all reasonable steps and precautions to avoid any loss or damage and also prevent aggravation of loss once the same is sustained and noticed by insured .
8. This add-on is allowed up to the vehicle age of 3 years only.
9. There will be deductibles in this add-on –
A) 5 % of the claim amount in case of repair.
B) 10 % of the claim amount in case of replacement of the parts.
1. The rate of No Claim Bonus as shown in the policy is an accumulation of 2 or more claim free years and there being no own damage claim in preceding 2 years.
2. Not more than 1 own damage claim is registered in the current period of the insurance.
3. The renewal of the policy is done with the company within 90 days of expiry of the policy.
4. The claim is not a Total LOSS (TL)/Constructive Total Loss (CTL).
Specific Conditions –1) Eligibility of this cover is
a) NCB is greater than or equal to 25% and No claim in previous 2 years OR
b) Brand new car with NCB reserving is greater than or equal to 25%.
2) The claim made for damages only to the windscreen glass/rear glass/door glasses sun roof glass, will not be considered as a claim under this benefit.
3) The claim only partial theft of accessories/ parts will not be considered as a claim under this benefit.
4) A claim for theft of entire insured vehicle will not be considered as a TL/CTL for this purpose provided a new motor vehicle is purchased and insured with the company within 90 days of the theft, in which case, the company will allow same No Claim Bonus on the new insured vehicle as is shown in the schedule.
Additional Requirements:a) Renewal notice copy should be made available along with the proposal form of the product in the event of a claim.
b) In the absence of the above previous insurance policy schedule copy along with the NCB Declaration becomes mandatory.
Specific conditions -1. Any consumable not associated with the admissible of Own Damage claim under section I (Own Damage) of the motor package policy.
2. If there is no valid and admissible claim under section I (Own Damage) of the policy.
3. Available for all segments of cars up to the age of 10 years.
1. Key Replacement – Company will reimburse for the cost of replacing insureds vehicle keys which are lost or stolen.
2. Break-in Protection – Company will reimburse you for the cost of replacing locks and keys if insured vehicle is broken into. The covered costs include the labor cost for replacing the lock
Specific conditions:1. The company will not pay for the costs other than those listed in the covered section.
2. The company will not pay for the cost to replace keys to the insured vehicles that insured does not own for personal use.
3. In case of break-in protection claims, insured must provide an official police report that confirms the incident happened within the period of insurance.
Specific Conditions –1. The daily allowance would be payable for a maximum period of 10 days during the policy period. In case of theft/total loss claim, the insurance company will pay for a maximum 15 days during the period of insurance.
2. For the purpose of computation of daily allowance, the company will pay from the following calendar day of insured vehicle reaching the garage for repair and shall end on the day garage intimates to take delivery of the insured vehicle.
3. Insured Vehicle has to get repaired at the authorized Garage.
4. Time required to repair the insured vehicle should be more than 3 days.
5. If the claim is not valid and admissible under the base policy then reasonable time taken to repair the insured vehicle will not be counted and paid under this add-on.
A Courtesy/Hire car is not intended to be an exact replacement of the insured vehicle in terms of its size, segment, type, value or status.
Specific Conditions:1. The car provided will not necessarily be an exact replacement of insured vehicle in terms of its size, segment, type and value of status.
2. This add-on is applicable only when time required for the repair of insured vehicle is more than 24 hrs or it is a claim for total loss/theft of entire vehicle.
3. The courtesy car will be available within 24hours of vehicle reaching the garage or the time of intimation of claim, whichever is later, excluding weekends/national holidays.
4. The company will pay for this service for a maximum period of 10 days in case of repair claim and 15 days in case of total loss/theft claim.
5. In case of theft claim, the companies liability to pay under this cover ends on the day police authorities informs insured to take delivery of the vehicle plus 2 days.
6. The courtesy car will be provided for 8 hrs or 80 Km per day whichever is less.
7. In case of repair claim, the companies liability to pay under this cover ends on the day garage intimates about completion of repair and readiness of the insured vehicle for delivery irrespective of claim settlement is intimated or not.
8. If the insured vehicle is stuck for repair for non-availability of any part/material at the garage, then this period will be excluded for the purpose of computation of duration for which courtesy/Hire car will be provided.
9. If the insurance company is unable to provide courtesy/hire car then the company will pay the per day travel cost to the insured as per schedule mentioned in the policy.
Specific Conditions –1) Insured should be the first registered owner of the vehicle.
2) Insured vehicle is not more than 3 years old from the date of registration or date of purchase whichever is earlier at the commencement of the policy period.
3) If the insured vehicle is recovered within 90 days of the theft then this benefit is not applicable.
4) The bank/finance company whose interest is endorsed in the policy shall agree in writing.
5) In case of Theft of the insured vehicle, FIR issued by Police authorities needs to be submitted with the insurance company.
6) Imported vehicles are not covered.
7) Any electrical/non-electrical and electronic/non-electronic accessory(s) including any bi fuel kit forming part of the invoice but not insured under Section I (Own Damage) of the Motor Package Policy.
8) This cover also reimburses first time registration charges and road tax on the insured vehicle.
9) In case the same vehicle make and model is available at a lower price than the purchase price, then the lower price will be considered for arriving at the differential amount.
Specific Exclusion –The company will not pay cost of painting of parts without any other repair associated with these parts
Specific Conditions –1. Personal belongings for the purpose of this add-on means items such as clothes and other articles of personal nature likely to be worn, used or carried and includes audio/video tapes, CDs but excludes money, securities, cheques, bank drafts, credit or debit cards, jewelry, lens, glasses, travel tickets, watches, valuables, manuscripts, paintings and items of similar nature.
2. Any goods or samples carried in connections with any trade or business is not covered.
3. A police report must be filed for claims due to burglary, house-breaking or theft.
4. There is a cap to a maximum amount payable under this add-on during the period of insurance.
5. Any claim under this add-on is payable only when there is a valid and admissible claim of the insured vehicle arising out of the same accident.
6. The insured will bear first Rs. 250 of each and every claim under this add-on
Specific Conditions –1. There is a cap on maximum amount to be paid for any one accident and also the company will pay maximum amount as per policy schedule) for any one accident during the period of insurance.
2. Documentary proof of expenditure must be submitted by any claim under this section.
3. Any claim under this section will be admissible only when there is a valid & admissible claim in respect of the vehicle arising out of the same accident.
In any situation, company’s liability would not exceed the following, basis the unused tread depth of respective tyre (not applicable if Full cover is opted)-
1. Unused tread depth of <3 mm - Considered as normal wear and tear and is not covered.
2. Unused tread depth of >- 3 to < 5 mm - 50% of cost of new tyre and/or tube.
3. Unused tread depth of >=5 to < 7 mm - 75% of cost of new tyre and/or tube
4. Unused tread depth of > = 7 mm - 100% of cost of new tyre and/or tube.
Unused Tread depth will be measured at the center of the tread. Minimum 4 measurements at 4 different places will be taken for the purpose of arriving at means tread depth which will be the basis of indemnity under the coverage.
Whenever replacement of tyre will be allowed it will be of the same make and specification and if tyre of similar specification is not available and replaced tyre is superior to damaged tyre then the company will not be liable for betterment charges. Maximum of 4 (four) replacements will be allowed during the Period of Insurance.
If damage to the tyre and tube is due to the accidental damage to the insured vehicle covered under “Own Damage” section of the motor package policy, the company’s liability under this cover will be restricted to the difference of depreciation percentage applied under the “Own Damage” section and as mentioned above basis the unused tread depth.
Conditions in which the company will not be liable to pay under this Add-On –1. The insured vehicle is not repaired at authorized garage and also any loss or damage within first 15 days of start of the policy.
2. Any loss or damage occurred prior to inception of the policy and also any loss/damage resulting into total loss of the vehicle.
3. Routine maintenance including adjustment, alignment, balancing or rotation of wheels/tyres/tubes.
4. Loss or damage of wheel accessories, any other parts or rim and also loss or damage arising out of improper storage or transportation.
5. Loss or damage arising out of natural wear and tear including unevenly worn tyres caused by defective steering geometry outside manufacturer’s recommended limits or wheel balance, failure of suspension component, wheel bearing or shock absorber.
6. If the claim is not made within 3 days of damage and also any fraudulent act committed by the insured.
7. If the tyre/tube for which claim is been made is different from the original equipment as supplied with the insured vehicle unless it is been informed to the insurance company and the same is being endorsed with them.
8. Any kind of loss/damage arising out of modifications done by the insured which are not approved by tyre manufacturer.
9. Loss/damage resulting from hard driving due to race, rally or illegal activities.
10. Tyre which has been used for its full specified life as per manufacturer’s guideline or where unused tread depth is less than 3 mm.
11. Minor damage or scratch not affecting the functioning.
12. Any kind of loss/ damage due to neglect of periodic maintenance as specified by manufacturer and resulting from poor workmanship while repair.
13. Loss/Damage arising out of any manufacturing defect/design including manufacturer’s recall.
14. If insured has not taken all reasonable steps to avoid loss/damage to tyres.
Additional discounts for TATA AIG Auto Secure-Private Car Package Policy
Exclusions for TATA AIG Auto Secure-Private Car Package Policy
- Normal Wear and tear and general ageing of the vehicle.
- Depreciation or any consequential loss.
- Mechanical/ Electrical breakdown.
- Vehicle being used otherwise then in accordance with limitations of use.
- Damage to or by a person driving the vehicle without a valid license, under the influence of drugs or liquor.
- Damage due to war, mutiny or nuclear risk.