Tata AIG - Injury Guard Policy
General Insurance Company
Tata AIG General Insurance Company is a joint venture between the Tata Group and American International Group (AIG), multinational Insurance Corporation based in US. Tata AIG offers complete range of general insurance products and strive to provide innovative and customer specific insurance products in retail and commercial space.
Toll Free line: 1800-266-7780
This policy offers compensation in case of death or bodily injury to the insured person, directly and solely as a result of an accident, by external, visible and violent means.
Unique Features of Tata AIG - Injury Guard Policy
Fractures / Burns: A Compensation will be paid i.e. percentage of the Principal Sum as shown in the Policy Schedule, if Injury results in one of the losses shown in the Schedule of Injuries.
Emergency Accident Medical Expenses: Hospitalization expenses for accidental bodily injury.
Accidental Weekly Benefit: A Compensation will be paid on weekly basis during a period of continuous Temporary Total Disability of an Insured Person resulting from Injury.
Home Alteration and Vehicle Modification Benefit: In case of a Permanent Total Disability or Dismemberment, a compensation will be reimbursed towards the cost of modifying your house or vehicle, to combat Disability.
Accident Hospital Cash: In the event of an accident which leads to Total Dismemberment, the cost of modification of the house or vehicle to combat disability will be reimbursed.
Eligibility Criteria for Tata AIG - Injury Guard Policy
|Age Group||Min Entry Age: 18 Years Max Entry Age: 75 Years
Min Entry Age: 6 Months Max Entry Age: 18 Years (dependent children)
Note: Coverage will be reduced for 50% for the age group 71 Years & above
|Renewal Age||Life Long Renewal|
|Sum Insured||Rs. 5 lacs up to Rs. 1 Crore|
|Policy Tenure||1 Year|
|Family Definition||Individual & Family - (Self -100% of SI), (Spouse & Parents - 100% of SI), (Dependent Children - 50% of SI)|
Product Benefits of Tata AIG - Injury Guard Policy
|Accidental Death||100% of Sum Insured
Accidental Death of an Insured person aged Seventeen or below the maximum sum payable is 10% of the Principal Sum insured
|Accident Hospital Cash||Option1 - Rs. 1000, Option2 - Rs. 1500 & Option3 & 4 - Rs. 3000|
|ACCIDENTAL DEATH 24 hr Worldwide||Rs. 50,000 Will be Covered|
|Fractures||Please refer to the policy schedule for completed information.|
|Burns||As mentioned below:|
|Benefit||Option 1||Option 2||Option 3||Option 4|
|A Skin burns - 2nd and 3rd degree and covering 27% and more of the body surface||₹ 15,000.00||₹ 25,000.00||₹ 45,000.00||₹ 60,000.00|
|B Skin burns - 2nd and 3rd degree and covering between 18% & more of the body surface, but less than 27% of the body surface||₹ 10,000.00||₹ 15,000.00||₹ 30,000.00||₹ 40,000.00|
|C Skin burns - 2nd and 3rd degree and covering 9% & more of the body surface, but less than 18% of the body surface||₹ 5,000.00||₹ 7,500.00||₹ 15,000.00||₹ 20,000.00|
|Total of A should not exceed Rs.||₹ 100,000.00||₹ 150,000.00||₹ 300,000.00||₹ 400,000.00|
Add-ons for Tata AIG - Injury Guard Policy
|Emergency Accident Medical Expense||Option 1 - Rs. 15000, Option 2 - Rs. 20000, Option 3 - Rs. 30000 & Option 4 - Rs. 50000|
|Accidental Weekly Benefit||Available for Self & Working Spouse - Up to 52 weeks.
Option1 - Rs. 3000, Option2 - Rs. 5000, Option3 - Rs. 75000 & Option4 - Rs. 10,000/-
|Home Alteration and Vehicle Modification Benefit||Rs. 50,000 (For Self Only)|
Additional discounts for Tata AIG - Injury Guard Policy
Exclusion in Tata AIG - Injury Guard Policy
Accidental Bodily Injury that you meet with or arises out of:
- Loss caused directly or indirectly, wholly or partly by infections (except pyogenic infections which shall occur through an accidental cut or wound) or any other kind of Disease
- Suicide, attempted suicide (whether sane or insane) or intentionally self-inflicted Injury or Illness, or sexually transmitted conditions, mental or nervous disorder, anxiety, stress or depression, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS), Human Immune deficiency Virus (HIV) infection.
- Serving in any branch of the Military or Armed Forces of any country, whether in peace or War, and in such an event We, upon written notification by You, shall return the pro rata premium for any such period of service during the circumstances described in a Hazard
- Being under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other intoxicants or hallucinogens unless properly prescribed by a Physician and taken as prescribed
- Participation in an actual or attempted felony, riot, crime, misdemeanor, or civil commotion
- Operating or learning to operate any aircraft, or performing duties as a member of the crew on any aircraft
- War, civil War, invasion, insurrection, revolution, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether War be declared or not), rebellion, mutiny, use of military power or usurpation of government or military power, etc.
Claim Process for Tata AIG - Injury Guard Policy
In case you would like to know about the Claim Process or would like to register a Claim please click the link belowKnow More