Christmas is a tonic for our souls. It moves us to think of others rather than of ourselves. It directs our thoughts to
― BC Forbes
Mr. Forbes has got it right. Christmas is deeply associated with feelings of gifting loved ones, spending time with them, family get-togethers, and opening presents!
Christmas is a time for family. In this short piece, we have presented some essential financial planning tips any breadwinner must ensure he carries out for his family.
Go through the following lists and choose which one you would prefer to live with:
- I want to constantly worry about
myand my family’s health and lifestyle-related disorders
- I want to invest for my child’s education but I don’t know how to
- I invest in mutual funds, but I keep removing money for other expenses
- My family has no financial backups in case I meet an untimely demise
- I realize that health is a vital part of enjoying life and I have invested in a family floater health plan for myself and family
- I save small sums regularly in a child plan, which will be a large sum by the time my children need them for education or marriage expenses
- I invest in a ULIP, which provides the same profits as mutual funds with added benefits like tax saving, no risk of stopping investments, lower fund management charges, among others
- Being a mature urban Indian householder, I have invested in a pocket-friendly term plan that will take care of all liabilities and ensure my family does not have to give up their dreams and aspirations in case I meet an untimely demise
Undoubtedly, you have chosen List 2. There's a simple reason why. It is because List 2 gives you peace of mind.
If you live in an urban city, you would know the value of a stress-free mind and an optimistic view of the future for yourself as well as your family.
The Insurance industry exists to provide a financial cushion in case of damaging situations in life, be it health-related, investment-related, or life-related. So, use the benefits provided by the industry to the maximum extent.
This Christmas, take a vow to give your family and yourself the gift of peace of mind