Things Your Travel Insurance Plan Will Not Cover
Travel Insurance Plans come with varied features and benefits to suit the needs of different types of travelers. With a Travel Plan, you can be rest assured and enjoy your trip as it may cover you for a number of things like –
- Overseas Medical & Hospitalization Expenses
- Lost Baggage/Wallet
- Missed/cancelled Flight
- Emergency Evacuation, and
- Accidental Death
However, there are a few things that are excluded from the policy owing to their obvious nature of danger. We are listing these things below. Go through the list and know in advance that you will not receive reimbursement on your travel plan for these particular reasons.
- If the insured individual chooses to travel against a physician’s advice.
- If the insured individual is travelling for obtaining treatment.
- The insured individual is not covered for a pre-existing medical condition or for any problem which arises from that condition. Nevertheless, some insurers do cover a case of life saving unforeseen emergency up to a certain amount which will be defined in the policy.
- If the insured individual commits suicide or attempts suicide or causes self-induced wound or sickness, s/he will not be covered under the plan.
- Mental & Nervous disorders, stress & anxiety and the treatment for depression will not be covered.
- Sexually transmitted conditions like Acquired Immunodeficiency Disorders (AIDS) and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infections will not be covered.
- Pregnancy and complications arising from that will not be covered in most cases. However, ectopic pregnancy proved by diagnostic means and is certified to be life threatening by the physician will be covered.
- If the insured individual is under the influence of drugs, alcohol or similar intoxicants or hallucinogens, s/he shall not be covered.
- If the individual is operating or is acquiring training to drive an aircraft, or s/he is on duty as one of the members from the crew on a scheduled airline or an aircraft.
- If the individual is serving in any division of the Armed Forces or Military of any country (whether in peace or at war) will not be covered.
- Loss arising due to war, invasion, civil war, insurrection, revolution or due to an act of foreign enemy will not be covered.
- If the insured individual is involved in performance of any manual work that is potentially dangerous, then s/he will not be covered.
- Participation in winter sports or sky/scuba diving, bungee jumping, mountain climbing and similar life-threatening sport events are not covered.
Having said that, a Travel Plan holds significant importance for many other ailments and travel hazards making it a primary requirement before you embark on your journey. But choosing a travel plan can be a difficult task and may require an expert’s advice. At OneInsure, a dedicated team of professionals have been providing this service free of cost since many years. So before you subscribe to a travel plan, make sure you have considered consulting them. You can reach them at 86559 86559 or drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to avail the best deal.