What Is Covered Under A Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy
Chiefly, there are two types of car insurance policies – Third Party Liability Coverage and Comprehensive Coverage. In this article, we will stick to exploring the benefits of
While the financial protection in case of a third party car insurance is limited to the third party, in case of
Comprehensive Car Insurance covers for the following 3 things –
Third Party Liability –
- Injuries or death caused to the third party.
- Damages caused to the property of the third party.
- Insured vehicle’s owner’s death.
- Insured vehicle’s driver’s death is covered (at an extra premium).
- Death of the passengers who are
travellingin the insured vehicle (at an extra premium).
- Permanent Total Disability (of the insured vehicle’s owner, driver
andpassengers, by paying an extra premium).
Own Damage –
- Damage resulting from an accident where the insured car is involved.
- Natural Disasters: floods, Storms, hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, etc.
- Fire, explosions and civil commotions
- Falling objects
- Vandalism and theft
Personal Accident Cover –
- Insured person’s death
- Loss of two limbs or sight of two eyes or one limb or sight of one eye
- Permanent disability from injuries other than discussed above
Also Read: How To Make A Successful Car Insurance Claim
While third-party car insurance is mandatory, comprehensive car insurance is not. Nevertheless, given the rise in road accidents in India, a comprehensive car insurance policy is what one must opt for to obtain overall financial security in case of a car accident.